Within the UK under the CDM Regulations 2015 the client must appoint a Principle Designer with a role of coordinating Health & Safety.
Their duties of the role are
- assist the client in identifying, obtaining and collating the per-construction information
- provide per-construction information to designers, principle contractor and contractors
- ensure the designers comply with their duties and co-operate with each other
- liaise with the principle contractor for the duration of appointment
- prepare the health and safety file
Within NI a client must appoint a CDM-c (Construction Design Management Coordinator) on notifiable projects. These are projects which involve more than 30 days or 500 person days.
In Ireland the role of Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) is a similar role which clients must appoint under the Safety, Health and Welfare at work (Construction) Regulations 2013, to ensure coordination and cooperation throughout the project. At Fiontar Safety Management we can provide both these roles and the role of Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) which is undertaken by the Principal Contractor.